Friday 23 November 2012

Pest free garden construction begins

Today we bought the 5 posts that we will need for construction of our fully enclosed garden. We have 1 damaged street sign, 1 clothes lines (fully adjustable but minus the horizontals), 1 post for sports nets minus the nets, 1 metal down pipe, and 1 mystery post with holes every 15 cm. gotta love recycling!!

Dec 7 - construction begins at 9am. By 10.25 we have the central post in

By 1 pm we had all posts in. Then we used clothes line to create the frame

Now I need to splice the netting together. Tomorrow I'll add it to the frame :)

So excited!

Here is the final piece - the netting. I still have to tie it down but it's almost done

I've put this off for years - in the end it took $15 for the posts, $60 cement, $$30 for the clothes lines wire and a day of work from Andrew the "Andyman" ( www.theandyman.com.au, or www.facebook.com/andyman.hobart.)

I couldn't be happier.
Do you like the picture of me in my gay gardening hat? I have pink sparkly boots to match. :)

No comments: